|Sakura and the Rainbow of Memories|
|Season 1, Episode 16|
|Air date||August 4, 1998|
Sakura and Kero's Big Fight
Sakura's Scary Test of Courage
Sakura and the Rainbow of Memories (さくらと思い出の虹, Sakura to Omoide no Niji) is the 16th episode of the first series of Cardcaptor Sakura. The Cardcaptors title for this episode is "The Summer House".
Sakura's family and Yukito take a vacation to the country side. Sakura meets the old owner of a country mansion near their rented cottage. He invites her over for tea, tennis, and they become good friends. He shows her the room of his granddaughter, now deceased, and gives Sakura clothes that once belonged to her. The next day, Fujitaka gives Sakura cookies to give to the old man. When she brings them out to eat, the old man asks her about her father.
On the last day of her vacation, Sakura asks the old man to stand in the balcony of his granddaughter's room. From a distance, Sakura uses the Rain card to give the old man a rainbow as a goodbye gift.
- Masaaki Amamiya
- Sakura: You're fine without eating anything, right, Kero?
- Kero: Yeah.
- Sakura: But you like sweets.
- Kero: It's just something I like.
- Sakura: Does that mean you just have a greedy appetite?
- (Kero falls in embarrassment)
*Kero: Hey! Did you forget I was in here!?
- Sakura: I'm sorry! The room was just too wonderful, and I...
- Kero: Oh, it is rather nice.
- Sakura: See? And I was really happy so...
- Kero: So you were about to make me into a sandwich.
- Sakura: I said I was sorry.
- Kero: I'll let you go this time, but bring me some desserts after dinner.
- In the anime, Sakura uses Rain to create a rainbow for her great-grandfather while in the manga, she uses Watery.