|Sakura, Syaoran and the Elevator|
|Season 3, Episode 57|
|Air date||November 16, 1999|
|Cards Transformed||The Float (off-screen)|
Sakura, Kero, and the Sweet Meeting
Sakura and Double Trouble
Sakura, Syaoran, and the Elevator (さくらと小狼とエレベーター, Sakura to Syaoran to Erebeetaa) is the fifty-seventh episode of Cardcaptor Sakura. The Cardcaptors title for this episode is "Li's Calling".
Syaoran's friendly feelings for Sakura have been steadily strengthening to the point of deep and strong romantic love , though he still doesn't understand why, and Sakura remains blissfully unaware of it. Soon Sakura invites him to go to a teddy bear festival with her, Tomoyo, and Eriol.
However, Eriol secretly traps Sakura and Syaoran on an elevator, where the two grow closer. Eriol then creates a large hole in the wall of the elevator, causing Sakura to fall through. Distraught, Syaoran calls out to Sakura by her first name for the first time. Fortunately, Sakura is able to float to safety with the Float Card into the relieved Syaoran's arms. Later, Sakura feels that she and Syaoran have become very close friends, and asks him if she can call him "Shaoran" as well (having referred to him by his surname "Li" up until now), and he agrees.
- Yukito: I picked these, don't you think they are a little big?
- Syaoran: NO! I think they are perfect. She will eat any kind of food. When she's eating she's always really happy; and the best part is that she'll get really happy...if she gets something that you made.
- Yukito: You really like Sakura don't you
- Syaoran: No!.. why would I...aaah!
- Syaoran: (sitting on the park bench) I finally understand that I...like her.
- Syaoran: (after Sakura falls off the elevator) SAKURAAAA!
- Sakura: (Sakura appears a minute later) Don't worry. I used The Float card.
- Syaoran: (hugging her) I'm so glad.
- In Japan it is normal to call someone by their last name unless you are very close to them. This is why this episode plays an important role in the relationship between Syaoran and Sakura because they start calling each other by their first name.