|Sakura's Farewell to Meilin|
|Season 2, Episode 43|
|Air date||June 1, 1999|
|Cards Captured||The Twin|
Sakura and the Blacked Out School Arts Festival
Sakura, Kero, and the Mysterious Teacher
Sakura's Farewell to Meilin (さくらのさよなら苺鈴, Sakura no Sayonara Meiling) is the 43rd episode of Cardcaptor Sakura. The Cardcaptors title for this episode is "Meilin's Story".
Meilin’s mother calls and wants her to return to Hong Kong. Meilin is sad about leaving Syaoran, but he acts like he doesn’t care and she leaves the house. Sakura invites her to a sleepover and she accepts. The two of them talk about how she feels about Syaoran, how they met, and even about Sakura and Yukito. That night Sakura senses a Clow Card and she and Meilin head out to find the Card. Syaoran also sensed it and the Twin Card reveals itself. The card has cloned everything in town. Sakura tries to seal it, but both bodies of the card need to be sealed at the same time. Sakura and Syaoran try to use signals to attack at the same time, but it doesn’t work and the Twin Card escapes. Sakura convinces Syaoran to work with Meilin, since their years of martial arts training together has given them the ability to instantly synchronize each other's movements, allowing them to battle the card. The two work flawlessly together and Sakura seals the card. Syaoran reveals that he does believe in Meilin’s power and enjoys her being around. The next week, Sakura, Tomoyo, and Syaoran say goodbye to Meilin.
- The Twin (双) (Syaoran)
- Syaoran: This is a cake..?
- Wei: It is filled with Meilin's feelings.
- Syaoran: But still...
- Wei: I perceive that you have a big heart, Syaoran. Are you worried about such a little thing?
- Syaoran: But this isn't it. She always suddenly grab onto me...
(Meiling appears and tackles Syaoran)
- Meilin: Syaoran!!
- Syaoran: You know, how many times do I have to tell you not to grab me like that... What's wrong?
- Meilin: I don't want to go home!
- Meilin: Hey, why did you start to like that guy?
- Sakura: U-Um... He's in my big brother's class... and he came over to visit, and...
- Meilin: Love at first sight?
- Sakura: ...Yeah. W-W-What about you, Meilin?
- Meilin: For me... it's not love at first sight...